CEO & Chief Creative Officer
Yes, it’s true: your admissions office needs a CRM. Here are seven (7) reasons to put the power of an admissions CRM in your team’s hands.
1. To build better relationships. “Relationship” is a CRM’s middle name. So, as you might expect, a CRM will help you develop and optimize your relationships with all the people (alumni volunteers, advisors, coaches, counselors, parents, etc.) and organizations (schools, employers, community-based groups, churches, etc.) that help you enroll your class. You’ll even be able to determine the value of each of these relationships, so you can focus on the people, organizations, and places that matter most.
2. To access actionable data quickly. A CRM will help you collect, organize, and quickly access the data you need to enroll your class. In addition, because a CRM will help you standardize your data, you’ll be able to easily compare data year over year, and run trend analyses to better predict future outcomes.
3. To boost productivity. A CRM will help your team do more, faster and more accurately. For example, you’ll be able to automate your communication plans, access your campaign results in real-time, run advanced/granular searches with just a few clicks, import and export data smoothly … all of which will give your staff more time to focus on building relationships with students.
4. To personalize communications. A CRM will make it easier for you to segment your database, and to get the right message to the right person at the right time. For example, speaking to students’ particular interests will improve the quality of interactions you have with them … and in turn, lead to better results.
5. To lessen the burden on IT. You already know how busy your IT department is. The right CRM will let you take advantage of its benefits without putting a strain on your IT department … or requiring you to add people to your staff.
6. To access vital admissions data on a mobile device. If you want to be able to get work done while you’re away from your computer, the right CRM (one that’s been “responsively designed”) will enable you to access vital admissions data from your phone or tablet. For example, if you want to add a student, look up a record, or review email campaign results without logging into your computer, choose an admissions CRM that’s designed specifically to work on your tablet or smartphone.
7. To keep pace. Consider this: the schools you compete with are most likely either using a CRM already or plan to implement one in the near future. So now’s the time to ensure you’re not getting left behind … by putting a CRM to work for you.
I encourage you to check out our helpful guides to choosing a CRM. Keep in mind, our company, Fire Engine RED, offers Fireworks – a CRM that’s built specifically for admissions offices.